Digital proficiency is the capacity of an organization to engage with digital technology and communications.
A digitally proficient organization has the appropriate hardware, software, knowledge and skills to use technology to extend organizational vision, goals and achievement. Every organization can be digitally proficient by using technology to improve the operation of its systems, reduce bureaucracy, and increase networks, which will ultimately lead to better support for its clients and the community.
Tian Telecom team conducts assessments and creates ICT improvement plans with recommendations and activities to facilitate digital proficiency.
The ICT assessment process includes:
- An inventory of your current ICT structure that includes computers, networks and servers;
- Recommendations for upgrading hardware and software;
- An examination of your back-up procedure;
- A review of your network and server setup;
- Reviewing of your phone and Internet plans with advice on cost savings;
- A security health check, to check if computers are missing important updates;
- Links to other resources that will benefit non-profit and community organizations
- Recommendations for staff training
The ICT improvement plan will include information about:
- A practical ICT plan
- Benefits to your organization
- Improved management of operational technology
- Cost savings for telecommunications
- Increased productivity
- Flexible and efficient workforce
Aside from the benefits enjoyed by your organization when it becomes more digitally proficient, this indirectly affects a broader group of stakeholders. These include clients, government bodies, volunteers and corporate partners as they are provided with greater access to information, which helps to maintain these valuable networks.